Sunday, December 7, 2008

i hate comcast

Omg. My cable and internet are messed up. Again. For those of you that are not aware, I have had a series of technical problems ever since returning from Colorado. First my internet was out plus my battery had basically blown up or something. Then my hard drive basically crashed. Got that fixed, but then had to reload all of my stuff on which took forever since I had to find where all my old discs went, etc. My internet had been spotty since then and it is now apparently not working again. So stay tuned for actual updates, but it's hard when your computer & internet aren't working :P

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the troubles we caused. Please allow me to assist in getting this resolved for you. If you are willing to send me the phone number on the account, I will make sure that we will do our best to assist on the situation.

Best Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com