Monday, March 3, 2008

the fountain of life



Yumi and Sia have an intense fascination with my turtles and are constantly hanging out on the filter or walking along the edges of the turtle tank. Yumi has recently taken to actually wading around in the tank and I catch BOTH of them drinking from the tank as well. That's actually pretty sick, because the tank is gross. I mean it's clean, and the water is filtered and everything, but still it has 2 turtles living in it and turtles poop and stuff so gross.

I thought maybe they liked to drink from the tank because they like running water so I bought them their very own kitty water fountain!! The water flows down that little bubble and into the dish so there is constant motion. They were totally into it the night I brought it home, but I haven't caught them drinking from it since then... at the same time I haven't caught them drinking from the turtle tank either.

Silly spoiled kittens... I think they might like the packaging the fountain came in better than the fountain itself. That's how it usually is though, ha.

2 comments:

Moonchild Dancing! said...

How do they like the fountain now? I was thinking about getting our kitties one of these also. :) We also have a turtle and our kitties seem to quite like him also!

Yumi Lover said...

I gave it up! One of my kitties refused to drink from it at all and the other one did *sometimes* but it seemed a waste of energy when it only got occasional usage. They both still prefer any water other than their own tho; they lick the faucet, drink water from my glass if I have one out, etc. lol