Friday, July 25, 2008

the best laid plans

Every minute of my time this week has been scheduled with very little room for error. And then of course I effed up. Mostly what has been the problem is finding time to finish my screen print for my summer class. I have been doing some graphics work, that is time sensitive so that has had to come first, but I've also been working at Stella's a shit ton in order to make money for both double rent next month and Lollapalooza.

So tonight after work I was going to have a late night printing session. All I had to do was prep my screens and start printing. Mistake #1: Somehow when I was rinsing my screen the emulsion started just... melting off or something thus ruining my design. This might have not been the end of the world if I had (Mistake #2) utilized the space on my other screen effectively (I have 2) because that one rinsed off fine. But all I had put on it was one tiny part of my design wasting tons of space and I had already exposed it when I realized that I could have put more than one part on it and just tape off the parts I wasn't using. So I had to clean both screens off and recover them with emulsion which needs 8 hours to dry. Now I need to go in tomorrow and try to completely finish and hope that I don't fuck up because the prints are due Saturday and I have to finish for the print exchange and I don't want to exchange crap. I'm really hoping I can get them finished and finished well before late night though, because I wanted to go to a friend's concert at the dinkytowner and then make a cameo at a different friend's birthday afterward. Oh, and I was going to mix my ink tonight, but they are out of black and that is what I needed most!! So maybe, I couldn't have printed at all unless I wanted to take a chance with the shop black (a hodge podge of people's mixtures of blacks which means it could be super transparent or not, you just don't know exactly what it is). Hopefully they will have replaced it tomorrow.

In other news, I have been going on and on about Lolla at work for weeks now and prepping people's minds to pick up my shifts. Obviously, my managers knew I was trying to go, but I wasn't allowed to take the weekend off because of uptown art fair. Well, I got my schedule tonight and my manager gave me the entire weekend off!! WOOP WOOP WOOP! I LOVE HER!!! She made my disastrous printmaking night a little bit shinier :)

Also, I need to find a day job by the end of the summer, so if anyone knows of any good ones. It either needs to be a) creative or b) have healthcare/dental/401k and be more than $30,000 a year. That's not so tough now is it? If it's one of those lame-o jobs, it's cool because then I can concentrate on Mo & my company. If it's creative then you know... I get to be creative, but I have a feeling that would take away time from Mo & my company.

OMG, this has been one of the most boring blogs I have ever written, but I am now officially exhausted. No energy left for humor or good stories and I have a few, but this post is getting long and I falling asleep. At least I blogged at all right? Oh yeah, and if anyone has walkie talkies I need to borrow them.

No comments: