Monday, May 26, 2008

soundset sightings



Yesterday was Soundset: an entire day dedicated to hip hop. I went with Morgan, and being that he's hardcore we got there at noon and didn't get home til eight. I had forgotten how exhausting festival type shows can be. I definitely would have rather gone later, but oh well. Or maybe had a few more breaks on the grassy area by the dome. But the music was good, as was the company and I had a good time. Caught a nice tan too. And saw a million and one people that I knew, but hadn't seen for a while.

Besides the music, my other favorite part of Soundset was the people watching. I saw a zillion cute pairs of sneakers, a crazy dancing girl dressed in a dirty white tube dress, a few groups of roaming 12 year olds (AA show, yknow), 3 or 4 extremely cute boys, quite a few chicks that thought it would be a good idea to wear 4 inch heels to an 8 hour show, too many thongs hanging out the tops of jeans (hello! can we say tacky??), some great hair, the cutest little dancing boy ever, girls dressed like they were going clubbing, a bunch of cute summer dresses, dehydrated drunk people, trailer trash, and oh so much more.

Hmm... my blog today seems like it's lacking my usual energy... I think it's because I just ate McDonald's with a strawberry shake. It made me sluggish. Ha.

No comments: