Tuesday, May 13, 2008

tuesday reflections


Ok, I would just like to clarify a few things about my post before on blogs. I do not hate poetry. I do not dislike blogs that have poetry on them. I just dislike really flowery poetry-esque/philosophical, self-reflective blogs that are being written for an audience, which possibly renders the self reflection non-reflective?

For instance, I read a blog that is full of self reflection, but I feel like said blogger really just has a thought and writes it down without calculating into his blog the responses he will get from his readers. Whereas there are other blogs like that where I feel the blogger will write or say certain things, because they know they have an audience and the blogger plays to them and it just all gets a bit narcissistic. That's all I'm saying. Also props to blogs like my sister's with lots of photos giving us on the other side of the world a peek of her life across the sea :)

Now enough about blogs.

I am in love with the movie Ironman. Everyone needs to go see it. In theaters. Don't wait for it to get to the cheap theater or wait to rent it. Just sneak in some candy and pay the rising price of theater tickets, because it will be worth it.

Really hoping Syesha gets voted off Idol this week.

Now I need to go clean my apartment. Stay tuned for more fascinating tidbits from Yumi Lover Life...

1 comment:

Travis said...

Yeah. That was a good movie. Oh Wait...I wasn't invited.