Monday, May 19, 2008

what i need is what i want... maybe

I just realized in the past couple of days that in some aspects of life, I have no idea what I want. I thought I did, and I bitched and moaned and complained about the fact that I wasn't getting it. Then it dropped into my lap more than once and now I'm all woah, wtf.

In general, I feel like sometimes I get completely obsessed with an idea, whether it be getting a roommate, a new painting, a relationship, or whatever and then a couple days later I'm over it. Or maybe not over it, but I get completely nervous about the idea or something happens and I'm all on the fence about it when just a day or two earlier it was all I wanted. I think I think too much. Or totally expound on the experience I just had with ideas of what *could* happen in the future and freak myself out. That's also how I get obsessed in the first place though, I expound on what could happen and get myself all excited.

Or maybe I just get nervous about losing things I just recently gained. Or I'm too used to dealing with crazies where I know things will come to an end and I don't have to worry about it. Or I'm afraid that it *will* in fact end, but at the same time scared that it won't.

Or maybe I'll just try to stop thinking about it and just live my life and see what happens. After all it's only like day two.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Day three is where i will be found. All good things come in three. Just wait and see. Your questions are bound to find their own answers. Obsession is what causes people find out what they need. So obsess. Its okay.

Travis said...

Also, how old are you? At our age, life is meant to be confusing and life is meant to be one giant puzzle of the unknown. Isn't that in itself, very exciting? I think you should just be happy in whatever you do. Don't get over something so fast, maybe you are trying to keep yourself from the unknown. Maybe, you should try to venture into the unknown. Maybe, the unknown could be the best thing for you. Whether it is a new roommate, or a new painting, or a relationship. Be young and have fun and venture into the shadows. You could surprise yourself.